1. How do I know what size Wheelskins Steering Wheel Cover I need for my vehicle?
If your vehicle is not shown on the size chart, you may order a special size wheelskins, click here for measuring instruction; then order a Special Size Wheelskins. Special Order sizes are generally necessary for older or antique vehicles, or aftermarket steering wheels.
2. Do you make Steering Wheel Covers to fit my Heavy Duty Truck?
Yes, we make covers in 18”, 20” and 22” sizes for heavy duty trucks such as Peterbilt, Freightliner, Kenworth, etc. You may order a special size wheelskins, click here for measuring instruction; then order a Special Size Wheelskins
3. Do you make Steering Wheel Covers to fit my classic car, my golf car, my child’s pedal car, my boat, my motorhome, etc?
Yes, we make Steering Wheel Covers to fit any wheel. Please click on measure for instructions on how to measure your steering wheel. then order a Special Size Wheelskins.
4. How are Wheelskins Steering Wheel Covers installed?
Each cover comes complete with a nylon lacing cord, a needle, and illustrated detailed installation instructions. The holes are pre-punched with a patented lacing hole reinforcement to prevent tearing during installation. The time required is approximately 60 minutes.
5. My steering wheel has wide spokes. How do I deal with the spokes during installation?
The illustrated installation instructions show you how to lace around the spokes, how to skip holes at the spokes, or how to use dummy stitches at the spokes. We suggest the dummy stitches if your spokes are 2” wide or wider where they connect to the wheel.
6. How can I get a replacement lacing cord and needle?
Order a Thread and Needle kit here. The lacing cords come in Black, Red, Tan, Grey and White.
7. What leather colors are available?
See the leather colors that we offer. Please remember that the color representations will vary from monitor to monitor. We will be happy to send you actual leather color samples so you can make the proper choice for your vehicle. Click here to request color samples now, and we will send them to you right away.
8. The color or size of the Steering Wheel Cover that I purchased is wrong. Can I exchange It for the right one?
Yes, simply return it to Wheelskins with your reciept and a note stating your name, address and telephone number and the color or size that you want. Please be clear with what you want us to do so that we can take care of your request right away. Send the return to:
13688 York Rd Suite A
North Royalton Oh 44133
9. How do I clean and maintain my Steering Wheel Cover?
Your Steering Wheel Cover is made of leather that is specifically tanned and finished for Wheelskins. We recommend that you gently use hand soap and water to remove any surface soil buildup. Avoid all purpose cleaners and protectants that will remove the special finishes and coatings on the leather. Also, most leather cleaners are made for the extremely hard finishes found on upholstery leathers, and these cleaners are unsuitable for the Wheelskins leather. In addition, many perfumes, colognes, and after shave lotions contain alcohol and other chemicals that could harm the leather. We recommend that your hands be free of these substances before you drive.
10. Do you have a Gear Shift Boot for my vehicle?
We make specific replacement boots for standard shift Porsches, BMWs, Volkswagens, Hondas, Miatas, C-5 Corvettes, Camaros, Firebirds, and Grand Prixs. For all other standard shift vehicles, we make a Universal size boot. Sorry, we don’t make boots for automatics, except for the 1997-01 Grand Prix. Order a shift boot now.
11. What are the dimensions of the Universal Gear Shift Boot, and how is it installed?
The Universal boot starts out as a cone approximately 9” tall with a base approximately 7” in diameter. It comes with an elastic drawstring at the base for installation around a bracket or rubber bellows, or It can be installed under a console. It is a large, very adaptable boot so that it can move easily throughout the entire shift pattern.
12. Can I get a Shift Boot in the same color as my Steering Wheel Cover?
Yes, the Wheelskins Steering Wheel Covers and Gear Shift Boots are all made in the same leather colors. We can even two-tone the boots to match a 2 color Eurotone cover.
13. What size Driving Gloves should I buy?
See the Driving Gloves page for sizing. Remember that hands come in varying shapes and sizes. If you get a pair of Gloves that don’t fit properly, we will be happy to exchange them for a different size. Ladies generally should select Size Small or Medium.
14. How can I get another copy of the installation instructions?
You can download them again right here!